A Yuletide Confession

Hi, my name is Jon and I'm a Christmas Carol junkie. I don't really know when it started but come Thanksgiving day every year my mp3 Christmas playlist becomes active. The kneejerk reflex to skip any carol that comes up in random magically disappears. I can't help myself. For one month a year I channel Irving Berlin and Bing Crosby. But they say the first step on the road to recovery is admitting you have a problem. At least this year I can listen to "I'll be home for Christmas" without serious pangs since I am in fact at home (see December 2006 archive for those of you new to this blog to see what an Odyssey Christmas was last year.) Oh no! Madonnas "Santa Baby" just started one of XM's three dedicated carol stations. It should cure me, cause it sucks, but I'm too far along for that. Even hearing "Frosty the Snowman" seventeen times a day can't help. But I suppose that's rock bottom which may be why I've come to share with you all today. I'm seeking professional care, and have heard about an experimental all Kenny G all the time shock therapy experimental study so I have hope.

No comments: