Once in a....well Ever...day!

So in my last post I put the damper on the expectation train for myself. Now I want to celebrate the extraordinary thing that has happened.

I am prouder today than I have ever been of America. America the idea and America the people.

Today we emerge from a long dark and dangerous era into the sunrise of hope renewed. I don't know if we really will ever understand how close we came to fascism. Obama may not be everything I would like in a Democrat, but he signifies both in his person and his ideology, the repudiation of force as right, of monolithic thinking, of with us or against us, of the framing documents of our country as guidelines and not law.

The American people, or at least a majority of them, have come to their senses. The fact that he does not look like any other president is for my money just a bonus.

No comments: